By Allen J. Frantzen
- Reveals very important hyperlinks among imperative thoughts of the Anglo-Saxon interval and matters we predict approximately today
- Reveals how fabric culture—the heritage of work, drugs, expertise, id, masculinity, intercourse, meals, land use—is as very important because the historical past of ideas
- Offers a richly theorized strategy that intersects with many disciplines inside and out of medieval studies
Read or Download Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Inside of previous English: Essays in Honour of Bruce Mitchell bargains readers a accomplished perception into the area of previous English. Brings jointly unique essays written by means of favourite experts within the box in honour of Bruce Mitchell, the eminent Oxford student and co-author of the bestselling A advisor to outdated English, sixth variation Encourages readers to have interaction with the literary, cultural, highbrow, spiritual and historic contexts of outdated English texts Explores the issues students face in reading and modifying outdated English texts individuals offer authoritative and informative views, drawing out connections among assorted contexts and pointing readers in the direction of the basic secondary literature for every subject
One of many foundational premises of Jacques Lacan’s psychoanalytical undertaking used to be that the historical past of philosophy hid the background of hope, and one of many targets of his paintings used to be to teach how hope is critical to philosophical considering. In Lacan’s Medievalism, Erin Felicia Labbie demonstrates how Lacan’s conception of hope is sure to his analyzing of medieval texts.
The "Homeric query" has vexed Classicists for generations. used to be the writer of the Iliad and the Odyssey a unmarried person who created the poems at a specific second in historical past? Or does the identify "Homer" conceal the shaping effect of the epic culture in the course of a protracted interval of oral composition and transmission?
Oxford Textual views is a brand new sequence of informative and provocative reports targeted upon literary texts (conceived of within the broadest experience of that time period) and the applied sciences, cultures and groups that produce, tell, and obtain them. It offers clean interpretations of primary works and of the very important and not easy matters rising in English literary reviews.
- Latin Poetry and the Judgement of Taste: An Essay in Aesthetics
- Anne Campbell: Printed Writings 1500–1640: Series I, Part Four, Volume 4 (The Early Modern Englishwoman: A Facsimile Library of Essential Works â€“ Printed Writings, 1500â€“1640: Series I, Part Four)
- Greek Drama and Dramatists
- The Tradition of the Trojan War in Homer and the Epic Cycle
- Tragic Failures: Alexandrian Responses to Tragedy and the Tragic (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
Extra info for Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).)
Anglo-Saxon Keywords (Keywords in Literature and Culture (KILC).) by Allen J. Frantzen